Thursday, April 3, 2008

Aunt Marty's Jello Salad

A recipe from my in-laws. And though I've asked, I still do not know who Aunt Marty is. But I love this stuff! I was not sure what label to put on this...any suggestions are welcome. I will edit them if I need to.

2 3oz. pkgs. lemon jello
8 oz. cream cheese
20 oz. crushed pineapple
1 pt. heavy whipping cream
1 small jar marachino cherries

Strain the pineapple, reserving the juice. Make jello according to directions, substituting 1 cup of the required cold water with a mixture of pineapple juice and 2 Tbsp cherry juice (mixture should make 1 cup total). The cherry juice is mostly for color. Allow to soft set in the refrigerator(about 2 hours).

Mix softened cream cheese into the jello.

Whip the heavy cream. Fold in the whipped cream and crushed pineapple into the mixutre. Allow to set for at least an hour. Garnish with cherry halves.

No comments: